Parade Theme: Beach Party!
Application Deadline: August 1st
Parade Date: August 20th
Line Up: 4:30 p.m.
Parade Step-Off: 6:00 p.m.
Line-Up Location: Grayslake Central High School, 400 N. Lake Street
Parade Route: Grayslake Central High School to Lake Street south to Center Street east to festival site (Seymour Avenue)
Line-up space is limited! Approved entries until space is used.
The Grayslake Area Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to accept and/or reject any entry in the Celebrate Grayslake Beach Party. Entries should be decorated and follow the theme. Applications must be submitted no later than August 1, 2022! It is the continuing desire of the Grayslake Chamber of Commerce and Industry to provide to the community of Grayslake and its surrounding area a parade with high standards of quality, performance, and conduct. To that end, we ask that parade entries adhere to the guidelines listed below.
· Parade units must make formal application for participation and be approved by the Grayslake Chamber of Commerce Parade Committee. Unauthorized units will not be allowed to participate in the parade.
· The information provided on the application form is very important in determining entry acceptance or denial, parade line-up placement, promotion, and further correspondence. Please be sure the information provided is complete and accurate before submitting the application. Incomplete or incorrect information may result in your unit not being allowed to participate.
· Candy or other objects ARE NOT to be thrown from parade units. This is for SAFETY REASONS. It may be handed out to spectators.
· We expect you to have someone to clean up after your animals as they participate in the parade, or you may wish them to wear animal diapers.
· Failure to follow the guidelines for entries or submitting an entry different from the one stated in the application may cause removal of your unit from the parade.
· Each political candidate or officeholder must complete a parade application and pay the appropriate fee. Like all other entries pre-approval participation is required.
· It is important that each unit keeps pace with the units ahead of it. Failure to do so, will result in your entry being ask to leave the parade.
Failure to abide by these rules and/or the directives of the parade marshal's may result in revocation of your unit’s participation approval.